Finance Minister Mthuli Ncube has announced a $929 billion supplementary budget of which 53% ($492.8 billion) will be gobbled by employment costs.
- A surplus of 300 million dollars as of the first half of 2022,
- As at end of June 2022, the public and publicly guaranteed debt stood at ZWL$1.3 trillion,
- Public Debt continues at US$13.2 billion, comprised of domestic and external debt, respectively,
- Revenue collections to year-end are now projected at ZW$1.7 trillion,
- Expenditures are now estimated at ZWL$1.9 trillion, against the approved Budget of ZWL$968.3 billion, entailing additional spending of ZWL$929 billion,
- Development plans contributed USD 190 million dollars. – (Newsday)